Delayed Anticipation

Well, apparently this is the winter without end…at least so far as it looks from the 3rd week of May.  Snow levels in northern California are 6′ deep at 6,000′ elevation.  That means it may be early July before the PCT is hikeable – at least between Ashland, OR and Old Station near Mt. Lassen, which is the section I was planning to hike during June.

With probably at least 5 weeks to wait before attempting to “Walk the Crocs” on the PCT, I am now focusing my full energies on selling 20.13 acres of incredible mountaintop land in the beautiful wine country of the Okanogan Valley, just a few miles south of the Canadian border. If you’d like to see some pictures, check the website for its sale: 

I’d love to hear from other hikers who are out on the PCT regarding trail conditions and their locations…I’ve heard some hikers already had to leave the trail down in southern CA due to snow levels, but it’s third hand info.  If anyone has a personal story, please share – I’m thirsting for trail info…Thanks!


About sayslife

On Sabbatical to live out some Bucket List dreams. Life just keeps zooming along, and friends keep passing away. Time to live never seems enough, as the daily duties always seem to keep calling. Now I'm changing that. Gonna see the world. Come along for the ride - you're invited :)
This entry was posted in Hiking the PCT and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s